We’ve seen a lot of news lately about Auth0 and we are happy to see it. Auth0 and Passport are competitors in the customer identity and access management (CIAM) space and it is exciting to see a company that we respect be recognized by the wider community. Strangely, if I say this at the CIAM events we attend I get a few curious looks. Why would we want them to get attention? Doesn’t Passport want clients?
What we know
Stormpath has been acquired by Okta.
- The Stormpath APIs will remain in service until August 17, 2017 at noon PST. On that date and time, Stormpath APIs will be shut down.
- The Stormpath SDKs will be in maintenance mode until August 17, 2017 when they will be decommissioned.
- Stormpath users will be able to migrate their data into Okta, and may also export their Stormpath data to use as desired.
Current Stormpath users must migrate – whether it be to Okta or a different provider altogether. We understand this is a challenge, a challenge you most likely did not see coming in the near future.
You have 6 months to choose a provider that best meets your business needs, export existing users and be up and running with minimal end user disruption. We are here to help. Continue reading
Inversoft’s founder and CEO, Brian Pontarelli, will be speaking on Authentication as a Micro-Service at Code Talent.
Authentication is a core piece of many applications. However, it has traditionally been handled in a monolithic manner. Moving to micro-services means that applications now need to decouple authentication, user management and user data.
What we’ll cover at the meetup:
- Most common pitfalls of authentication and authorization as a microservice
- How to break apart your architecture and build services for user management features
- Portable user identity tokens
Passport now has a WordPress plugin to make login & registration even easier.
We recently published the first version of the WordPress plugin for Passport which allows users to login by authenticating via OAuth 2.0.
Passport is a user database that allows you to easily create, register and manage users. In addition to managing WordPress user accounts, Passport can manage user registration and login for your forums, chat, games, internal users or whatever else you can dream up. Continue reading